-
January 6th, 2003, 09:33 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hello. Can somone give me their opinion on the Altec Granada's? I am looking at purchasing a pair and I'm not familiar with them. My listening habits are mostly moderate to hard rock over my VOT A7-500s, a couple pair of Bolero's, and a variety of other speakers. These "wife friendly" cabinets will go great in the living room! I appreciate your input.
-
January 7th, 2003, 12:19 AM
#2
Inactive Member
The ALTEC Granada is a very rare speaker. They were introduced in the early 1970s and very few were sold. They are in the same style of the larger Barcellona, however they use the smaller 811 horn for the top instead of the 511 of the Barcellona. Internally they are the same as the later and much more plentiful Santiago. They are lower efficiency than the A-7s but have a great deal more low bass. I very much like these speakers and although they sound different, I think they sound great. This will no doubt incite a debate of those who do and do not like this style of speaker. They are quality units and all I can say is, use your own ears. Just for the sake of having rare speakers, you ought to buy them. Jim
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks